Please find attached the current registration and schedule for the first-ever Allstate “Expanding Opportunities” JV Invitational on Saturday, May 21st. All coaches of teams competing should check both the event schedule and current official registration.
A few reminders and logistics:
- Note that the location of the tournament is now at Marine Math and Science Academy, 145 S. Campbell, near the CTA Western station on the Forest Park Blue Line
- Schools are responsible for their own transportation
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- We will have high-quality awards for top teams and speakers as well as Team Sweepstakes awards, which will reward schools that bring the most students who win the most rounds
- The $350 incentive will be paid in full on-site, but will only be paid to teams that bring at least 4 students who each debate all 4 rounds on the schedule.
- Several schools need to update with the names of your judges, particularly any Varsity debaters you have that wish to judge – we are allowing Varsity debaters to contribute to the development of our JV students at this tournament by judging
- There will be a good number of new and nearly-new debaters involved and we’re looking to have a welcoming environment for them, but please inform all students that forfeits are not allowed – every student must compete in every debate or else withdraw from the tournament
- Arguments will be limited to the Core Files
Please let us know of any changes to your registration (including debaters you wish to add), updates, and of any questions you might have. We’re looking forward to a terrific tournament to end a great year for your first-year debaters.