We’re now two weeks away from the start of the CDSI. All coaches should check the current CDSI registration and follow up with their debaters by phone and e-mail to ensure they are confirmed and prepared to attend and succeed at our best CDSI yet.
Coaches should also e-mail David about requested lab placement/level for their students signed up.
Please note a few important details below:
- CDSI Dates: 7/25 – 8/12, Monday through Friday, 9 am – 3 pm – students should plan to arrive by 8:45 each morning, students who arrive late or miss multiple unexcused days will be withdrawn from the camp
- Location: Westinghouse College Prep’s beautiful, brand-new, air-conditioned building at 3223 W. Franklin.
- Meals and transportation:Lunch and reduced-fare CTA cards are provided daily – CTA fare cards are handed out on-site only, starting on the first day of camp
- Free Core Files: get them before anyone else
- For students who have not yet paid their $25 registration fee:
- Registration fee per student: $25 non-refundable registration fee to ensure student attendance, all money goes back to CPS programs; students are NOT confirmed to attend the CDSI without $25 registration fee
- Students choosing not to attend or withdraw will not have this money returned by CPS – all slots will go to motivated, participating students who benefit from CDSI
- Checks or money orders (no cash) made out to: “Chicago Board of Education” (please note we can’t take checks or money orders made out to CDC, CDL, CPS, Westinghouse or anything else other than “Chicago Board of Education”)
- Checks or money orders mailed to:
Chicago Debate Commission, 332 S. Michigan, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60604
(please note: checks and money orders should NOT be made out to CDC, but checks and money orders MUST be sent to CDC’s address for collection – do NOT send to Westinghouse or CPS since CDC will confirm student registration payment)