Bill Colson, email@example.com, head coach at Morgan Park has now posted the full invitation for the Morgan Park Roundup, which is T1 for all LCC and RCC teams – Friday 9/30 and Saturday 10/1.
Click here for full invitation and details.
Some initial announcements from Bill Colson, full invitation is on the way:
“I’ll have a full invite, with transportation info, complete schedule, etc. for the CDL RCC/LCC Tournament 1 at Morgan Park on Sept. 30/Oct. 1, 2011 sent out to confirmed registrants in about a week and a half. However, here are the main things to know right now:
- Registration will take place in the Student Lunchroom on Friday beginnning at 3:00 pm. We hope to start Round 1 at 4:00, serve dinner immediately afterwards, and finish with Round 2 at approximately 8:15 pm. However, this is a Staff Development Day, so we could start the tournament early and get in a third round in if everyone okayed it.
- Meals, awards, and student down time will all be in the Student Lunchroom.
- Given the large number of teams expected, we will almost certainly break to Octofinals. This is one argument for having three rounds on Friday. Otherwise, we will probably have the Awards Assembly on Saturday at about 4:15 pm., followed by Quarters, Semis, and Finals. Another option would be a later Awards Assembly, with some type of Student Seminar during the Octofinals and/or Quarterfinals. I’ll take comments on the above until Friday, Sept. 9, and produce a final schedule shortly thereafter.
- Registration fees for RCC and suburban schools will be $60 per team in both Novice (CDL JV) and Open (CDL Varsity) divisions. This includes a pizza dinner on Friday night and Subway boxed luches on Saturday. We will feed coaches and judges, but will need accurate numbers to do so.
- Octofinalists and Novice Individual Speakers will receive medals; Varsity Individual Speakers will receive the traditional MPHS Mustang Expando, and and teams past Octofinals will receive trophies.
- Payment by school check or Purchase Order is preferred. Our office will not accept personal checks made out to Morgan Park; if a PO or school check is not an option, a money order made out to Morgan Park High School or check made out to “Bill Colson” (with info on the “Memo” line that prevents me from being arrested) will work. I have been burned too often with IOUs, so would rather not go in that direction.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Novices will not be allowed to run kritiks or counterplans. Please inform your students, coaches, and judges.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 12 if you wish to receive the full tournament invitation (it will be sent automatically to CDL coaches). Team registration will be due by Thursday, Sept. 22, and changes by Wednesday, Sept. 28. More invitation on how to do this will be in the invitation.”