Results from the 2012 Speech Performance Competition Coach Surveys and Student Surveys document a lot of enthusiasm for speech as a programming component of the CDL, and for the academic benefits that speech competition results in, along with a range of thoughtful suggestions helpful as we look ahead.
Here are the results of the 2012 CDL Speech Performance Competition.
More information about the competition can be found on the 2012 CDL Speech Performance Competition page on the CDL programming site.
Congratulations to our award winners:
Extemporaneous Speaking Top Speakers
1. Christine Vi, Alcott
2. Martin Bekoe, Alcott
3. David Smith, Julian
4. Chris Madkins, Michele Clark
5. Jacquez Williams, Austin
6. Larryon Johnson, CICS Ellison
7. Arnell Williams, CICS Ellison
8. Derrick Ferguson, Austin
Original Oratory Top Speakers
1. Quanisha Davidson, Michele Clark
2. Shla George, CICS Ellison
3. Samantha Hernandez, Alcott
4. Madeline Tyler, Alcott
5. Takayla Stamps, CICS Ellison
6. Larence Reese, Austin
7. Edwin Ocasio, Alcott
8. Ruth Odukoya, Alcott
9. DiJon Thomas, CICS Ellison
10. Nikkita Johnson, Michele Clark