This is a reminder that the Chicago Debate League has Coach Training Seminar V this Saturday, 11/17, 9:00am – 12:00pm, at the Loyola Law School, 25 E. Pearson St.
Parking at lots near the Loyola Law School is $10, with validation from the lobby of the law school building (the Philip H. Corboy Center, 25 E. Pearson St.). The Loyola Law School is also right off of the Chicago stop on the CTA red line.
Registration is required. Register by Thursday, 10/15, at 3:00pm, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees will earn three hours of professional development credit within the CDL system, and three hours of CPDUs.
We hope to have enough of a registration to run two seminars at the same time, one for more advanced and one for less experienced coaches. We’ll be covering in depth the following CDL Debater Development Benchmarks:
Advanced Negative Options
(24) Kritiks: structure and utility
Argument Inter-Relationships and Clash
(31) Analyzing argument inter-relationships within a broader policy context
(32) Resolving clashing arguments
Advanced Topicality Debating
(49) Effective, specifically applied, clearly articulated debating about standards for interpreting the meaning of the word or words at issue in the topicality violation, and compelling argumentation for (or against) topicality being a voting issue
(50) Evidence-based, comparative debate about the language and context of definitions used to interpret the topic