As determined by an election held in each conference, the eight conference representatives making up the 2013/14 Chicago Debate League Coaches Council are:
Robb Berry, Northside College Prep (Regional Circuit Conference)
Conor Cameron, Solorio Academy (“A” Conference)
Bob Edwards, Phoenix Military Academy (Local Circuit Conference)
Lamont Holifield, Urban Prep Bronzeville (“AA” Conference)
Isabel Juarez, Schurz H.S. (“A” Conference)
Valerie Mason, Lane Tech College Prep (Regional Circuit Conference)
Peter Van, Lindblom College Prep (Local Circuit Conference)
Vickki Willis, Bogan H.S. (“AA” Conference)
The CDL Coaches Council provides input and guidance on the management and administration of the Chicago Debate League, including maintenance and revision of the CDL Guidelines and Policies.
Each year, every coach of the CDL can elect two coaches to represent their conference. Each of our four CDL conferences have two representatives creating a CDL Coaches Council of eight coaches, in addition to ex officio representatives of the CDC and CPS.
The CDL Coaches Council has over the past two years provided guiding and essential input on:
* Setting the joint tournament calendar for RCC and LCC and created LCC/A joint tournament
* Determining dates and location of the Chicago Debate Championship
* Setting argument limits and case previewing policy
* Determining rules regarding electronic devices
* Creating a principal outreach strategy
* Establishing year-end awards and selection criteria and procedure
And other league governance matters.