The Chicago Debate League has its fifth coach training seminar of seven now scheduled for the 2013/14 season — Coach Training Seminar V — this Saturday, 11/2, 9:00am – 12:00pm, at the Loyola Law School, 25 E. Pearson St.
This seminar will introduce The Missing Link exercise, using the Politics DA and Neoliberalism Critique. We will also discuss broader issues in preparing for T2, discuss negative case strategy (specifically focused on Offense/Defense) and will look at ways to improve 1AR performance using imbedded clash.
Parking at lots near the Loyola Law School is $10, with validation from the lobby of the law school building (the Philip H. Corboy Center, 25 E. Pearson St.). The Loyola Law School is also right off of the Chicago stop on the CTA red line.
Registration is required. Register by Friday, 10/30 by sending an email to email@example.com.
Attendees will earn three hours of professional development credit within the CDL system, and three hours of CPDUs.
We’ll be covering in depth the following CDL Debater Development Benchmarks:
Basic Negative Argument Options
(8) Off-case arguments: disadvantages and topicality violations – structure and utility
Advanced Negative Options: Counterplans and Critiques
(24) Kritiks: structure and utility
Creating Negative Strategies
(25) Forming a coherent strategy from argument options
Advanced Refutation Skills
(30) Grouping and cross-applying arguments while refuting
(47) Understanding the utility of each component of big negative generic positions that apply to a wide variety of cases on the topic