CDL Coach Training Seminar III — Saturday, 9/20, 9:00am – 12:00pm
The Chicago Debate League has its third coach training seminar of nine now scheduled for the 2014/15 season — Coach Training Seminar III — this Saturday, 9/20, 9:00am – 12:00pm, at the Loyola Law School, 25 E. Pearson St., room 1404.
This seminar will review the Prepared Flow Exercise, using several key issues from the SY2015 CDL Core Files, including the China Disadvantage against the Oil Exploration affirmative case. The Prepared Flow Exercise is one of the most innovative and important debate coaching resources at the disposal of CDL coaches.
Parking at lots near the Loyola Law School is $10, with validation from the lobby of the law school building (the Philip H. Corboy Center, 25 E. Pearson St.). The Loyola Law School is also right off of the Chicago stop on the CTA red line.
Registration is required. Register by Friday, 9/19, at 12:00pm, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees will earn three hours of professional development credit within the CDL system, and three hours of CPDUs.
We’ll be covering in depth the following CDL Debater Development Benchmarks:
(13) Refutation construct (“they say x, we say y”)
(14) The principle of refutation in debate – silence = assent
(15) Affirmative speaker duties and roles: 1AC, 2AC, 1AR, and 2AR
(16) Negative speaker duties and roles: 1NC, 2NC/1NR (the negative block), and 2NR
Creating Negative Strategies
(25) Forming a coherent strategy from argument options
(26) Focusing on the end game: which arguments will be extended in the 2NR and how the round will be won, including the use of basic risk calculus
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!