Confirm attendance with your students and judges, and let us know any changes as soon as possible. Changes after Thursday, 12/04, should be sent directly to the tournament director.
For Conference ‘LCC/RCC at Thomas Kelly HS the tournament director is Robb Berry:
For Conference ‘A’/‘AA’ at DePaul University the tournament director is Imran Makani:
LCC & RCC Conferences
Thomas Kelly HS
4136 S. California Ave.
‘A’ & ‘AA’ Conferences
DePaul University, Schmitt Academic Center
2320 N. Kenmore
* There is discounted parking for coaches, judges, and tournament staff at DePaul University in the Clifton Parking Deck and Sheffield Parking Deck. Parking will be $9 on Friday, and $7 on Saturday. You should park in the garage and pick up a voucher from the tab table before you leave the tournament.
* On Friday and Saturday morning when your en route to the tournament, please call or text your tab room director to confirm your team and judge registration, and to alert him or her of any same-day drops (regrettable and to be avoided if possible). Showing up to the tournament without communicating a changed registration in a timely fashion will mean added or team-reconfigured students will be left off the pairing and forfeited. Not communicating drops means that other teams will get byes; these byes are preventable, uneducational, and generally perceived as objectionable by the students and coaches receiving them.
* All schools At Kelly HS should plan to arrive by 3:00 pm on Friday, which is when registration begins and 7:45 am on Saturday, which is when we start serving breakfast. All schools at DePaul should arrive at 8:00am on both Friday and Saturday. Our dedicated judge table staff will begin calling you not long after that time if you have not yet arrived at the tournament. We have your cell phone numbers and will use them to ensure we’re on-time.
* Our tournaments run on-time. We respect your time and value the contribution you make to the experience of students from your school and all the others that are a part of the league, it is a professional expectation that coaches ensure their students and judges arrive on time and are ready to debate at scheduled times. Those who are late for debates or have unannounced changes are asking for exceptions that would delay the tournament for everyone else’s students, which we can’t allow.
* Forfeits will occur 15 minutes after the start of each announced round. For Round 1 at Kelly on Friday 5:15 is the forfeit time and Saturday morning, 8:45 am is the forfeit time. For Round 1 at DePaul forfeit times will be 10:15 am on Friday and 8:45 am on Saturday. Please make sure you plan enough travel time and check with your judges in the morning as well.
* All schools will stay until departure following awards on Saturday. No school leaves before first departure at our tournaments. Your students are certainly in contention for awards and don’t want to miss the excitement of the awards ceremony; they also are obligated by the norms of sportsmanship to recognize the successes of their peers and competitors, just as they expect that their peers will recognize theirs.